Richardson’s Six Critical Skills are invaluable at all levels of the sales organization, as they provide a consistent methodology for sales reps. The Six Critical Skills represent the heart of the Richardson sales framework and are the foundation of a client-focused sales process. They allow users to create the building blocks for engaging dialogue, understanding client needs, closing business, and building long-term relationships. The Six Critical Skills are:
- Questioning – determine client needs and obtaining in-depth information.
- Checking – keep the content interactive, and getting client feedback and input.
- Listening – understand client issues, and incorporating client ideas and priorities into your story.
- Presence – project confidence and creating a level of comfort with the client.
- Relating – establish rapport and building relationships.
- Positioning – tell your story from the client’s point of view, not yours.
In this video blog post, Andrea Grodnitzky, Senior Vice President, Global Performance Solutions, discusses the idea that the Six Critical Skills are more relevant than ever for the incoming generation of sales people.
If you can not see this video, please click here
Industry Specific Sales Training
Interested in learning more about Richardson’s industry specific sales training solutions? Click here to take a look at our February featured industry, Financial Services.